It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook so all done and ready to serve in a speedy 30 minutes. Winner winner Chicken dinner as we say here in OZ!
Fritters are the bombGive me a fritter any day and this certainly makes a change from the usual sweetcorn fritter. There’s something awesome about fritters. They can be enjoyed just as is or topped with deliciousness like avocado or served as a side for brekky, lunch or dinner! Go the fritter!
It ticks all the boxes for balanced nutrition for those busy growing brains and bodies - low glycaemic carbohydrate - tick, nourishing fats - tick and serve it with a protein and veg, maybe chicken and avocado or steamed broccolini trees and you have a complete meal for bub. It's easy to pick up and just the right size for their little hands.
Here's what you need to make them:
- 3 cups grated sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 4 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- butter/ghee for the pan
And now for the cooking bit:
- Squeeze out any excess juice from the grated sweet potato and place in to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a fry pan on medium heat melt some butter.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop out fritter batter, carefully form in to a fritter with your hands and place in to the fry pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip, press down with a spatula, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Continue to do this with all the fritter batter, it will make about 10-12 fritters.
Nom Nom say the babies :-)
- Tags: baby feeding baby food baby led weaning baby sleep fil_All things baby feeding finger food infant nutrition