Calcium is one of those essential minerals we need in our diet
Adequate Intake of Calcium per age group
- Infants 0–6 months 210 mg/day
- 7–12 months 270 mg/day
- Children,1-3 year olds, RDI is 500mg per day
- Tofu is one of the best, mash into solids or give as finger foods. It gives a whopping 861mg in 1/2 a cup when calcium enriched.
- Weetbix 400mg per 100g (each biscuit 30g)
- Tinned Sardines 321mg in about 7 sardines fillets with bones mashed up - give it on toast soldiers as finger food
- Tinned Salmon 232mg in 1/2 can, again with bones mashed
- Full Cream Milk 268mg in 250mls
- Yoghurt Full-Fat 371mg in 200g
- Cheddar Cheese 305mg 40g
- Edam cheese 336mg in 40g
- White Beans 191mg in 1 cup canned
- Soy cheese 180mg in 40g
- Seaweed 126mg in 1 cup
- Sesame seeds 88mg in 1 tablespoon, tahini and hummus are a
- Soybeans/endame 60mg per 100g
- Chick Peas 49mg per 100g
Coconut milk 16mg in 100g
Too much dairy can affect iron intake and other nutrients.
Some further readinghttp://kidshealth.org/en/parents/calcium.html
Baby sleep and food balance are very important. Get that balance right and your baby or toddler is on their way to the land of sweet dreams and good baby sleep.
You can access even more of my 3 decades of experience as a registered midwife and child and family health nurse via the Nurture Sleep Program.
You can take your baby from sleepless to slumber in up to 7 easy lessons across 3 age groups once you join the program.
? FOODS that promote sleep
⏰ ROUTINE: easy, flexible, sleep-ready
? ENVIRONMENT: getting it right
?? DEVELOPMENT changes: how these affect sleep
? SLEEP METHODS: secret tips that will change your life
It will stop the guesswork and give you:
✅ A tried and tested approach (20 years of helping families with baby & toddler sleep)
✅ Gentle baby sleep methods
✅ Holistic assessment
✅ Nurture & Nourish nutrition program – all recipes have sleep-inducing ingredients and a perfect balance for a good nights sleep
✅ Access to a closed Facebook group for one on one support from Karen and 90+ timecoded Facebook Live videos
✅ Prevention for under 4 months so no need to do sleep training ever
✅ And all at a low $97 for a very limited time