Nappy rash and thrush is every parent's nightmare and nearly every baby gets it at least once. How much does it make you dread nappy changes? The thought of seeing your baby in pain is tough. Your baby cries and it makes you tear up and cry.
Today I'm introducing you to a product that makes that awful nappy rash and sore baby botty history.
Here are the stats on nappies. Over 95% of Aussie parents still use disposable nappies today, either all of the time or in conjunction with reusable nappies. Read more at www.australianscience.com.au/environmental-science/disposable-nappies-are-they-stinking-up-our-planet/
Every baby is going to wear a nappy and understandably so most parents place absorbency high on the list of essentials. The last thing you want is a poonami at 3 am so let me introduce to you Eco Nappy.
I've tested them out on a lot of babies and I've been blown away. No leaks at night time from 4-month-old twin boys. I think I've found disposable nappy nirvana!
Eco Nappy ticks 5 major boxes
- Prevents and treats nappy rash
- Hypoallergenic and kind to eczema and sensitive skin
- Extremely kind to the environment
- And price sensitive to other nappy brands
- Delivered straight to your door - YAY say the time poor parents!
And Eco Nappy donates to selected endangered species foundations. One of these is Safe Haven, a foundation based in Gladstone working to breed and reintroduce endangered species back into their rightful place.
Because Eco Nappy is made from bamboo they're less bulky than an ordinary nappy and wow do they feel so soft!Here are a few facts about bamboo:
- Bamboo is a natural antibacterial. Cloth based on bamboo fibres has antibacterial properties especially against the superbug, methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- It's a common fact that bamboo can thrive naturally without using any pesticide so they're very organic and natural.
- Bamboo is very absorbable so the nappies are less bulky than an ordinary disposable nappy.
- Bamboo fibre has particular and natural functions of anti-bacteria, bacteriostasis and deodorization.
- Bamboo fibre’s natural anti-bacteria function differs greatly from that of chemical antimicrobial. It can reduce and treat nappy rash. Whereas antimicrobial's often tending to cause skin allergy when added to clothing http://www.orissabigyanacademy.nic.in/pdf/S_H_January_2014.pdf#page=46
Nappy rash and antibacterial properties of bamboo
Most babies will get nappy rash at least once in their first year. It's often around the teething time that it arrives in force and can take weeks and lots of nappy cream and antifungal ointment to finally heal. Bamboo nappies can actually assist to prevent and treat nappy rash. With Eco Nappy that sore little bottom will heal much faster and those antibacterial properties will reduce the risk of fungal and staph infections that are so hard to treat. https://bamboosheetsaustralia.com.au/antibacterial-properties-of-bamboo/
Bamboo Is Hypoallergenic
I see so many babies and children with allergies, eczema and sensitive skin. This seems to be of primary importance to many parents, so I wanted to establish it right off the bat: yes, bamboo is hypoallergenic. https://wizzley.com/is-bamboo-hypoallergenic/
And here is Sean and econappy's special offer to all Nurture Parenting parents:
To get 10% off your order go to http://www.econappy.net.au/#_a_Nurture01 or to our Online Store and apply code NURTURE01 to your Eco Nappy order.
It's a win-win, helping your baby keep a nappy rash free botty and saving the environment.
This post contains an affiliate link, which gives us commission when you click and purchase something from that link. You do not pay any more for the item by shopping through an affiliate link than you would through a regular link. I received no compensation in exchange for writing this review and all opinions are my own.