I’m always on the lookout for supereasy recipes for busy parents and their babies. This great finger food recipe comes courtesy of The Merrymakersisters and it sounds seriously delish.
It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook so all done and ready to serve in a speedy 30 minutes. Winner winner Chicken dinner as we say here in OZ!
Fritters are the bomb
Give me a fritter any day and this certainly makes a change from the usual sweetcorn fritter. There’s something awesome about fritters. They can be enjoyed just as is or topped with deliciousness like avocado or served as a side for brekky, lunch or dinner! Go the fritter!
It ticks all the boxes for balanced nutrition for those busy growing brains and bodies – low glycaemic carbohydrate – tick, nourishing fats – tick and serve it with a protein and veg, maybe chicken and avocado or steamed broccolini trees and you have a complete meal for bub. It’s easy to pick up and just the right size for their little hands.
Here’s what you need to make them:
- 3 cups grated sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 4 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- butter/ghee for the pan
And now for the cooking bit:
- Squeeze out any excess juice from the grated sweet potato and place in to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a fry pan on medium heat melt some butter.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop out fritter batter, carefully form in to a fritter with your hands and place in to the fry pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip, press down with a spatula, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Continue to do this with all the fritter batter, it will make about 10-12 fritters.
Nom Nom say the babies 🙂